SureHire offers a diverse range of medical services including health monitoring, physician and nurse assessments, blood work, vaccinations, diagnostic imaging, and more.
Different Test Types
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) checks for problems with the electrical activity of the heart. An ECG is performed for any one of the following reasons:
- To determine the cause of unexplained chest pain or pressure. This could be caused by a heart attack, inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart (pericarditis), or angina.
- To evaluate possible symptoms of heart disease. Symptoms include shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting, and heartbeats that are rapid and irregular (palpitations).
- To evaluate medication effectiveness to determine if they are causing side effects that adversely affect the heart.
- To monitor mechanical devices that are implanted in the heart, such as pacemakers, to ensure they are working effectively.
- To check the health of the heart when other diseases or conditions are present. These include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cigarette smoking, diabetes, and a family history of early heart disease
Heart disease is the second leading cause of death in Canada. You can reduce your risk of heart disease by understanding the risk factors that cause it, and making changes to your lifestyle. Regular monitoring can help detect issues before bigger problems occur.
Blood tests may be used to detect abnormalities that indicate the presence of a disease and/or infection or to discover a deficiency of an essential blood component (for example, iron deficiency). Blood work may be performed for any one of the following reasons:
- To diagnose, treat, or prevent diseases related to the blood.
- To detect current or past infectious diseases.
- To identify presence of antibodies in response to a foreign substance in the body.
- To monitor or diagnose a medical condition.
- To test for occupational exposure to substances such as lead, phosphoric acid, chromium etc.
To learn more about SureHire's blood services, click here.
Employment-Related Physician/Nurse Assessments
A physician or nurse assessment involves a series of medical and musculoskeletal evaluations. A thorough examination of all systems will determine if any medical concerns pose a risk to safety on the job site. Based on the information provided by the candidate and on a physical examination, our qualified nurses and physicians can determine if the candidate is fit to work with no restrictions or if accommodation is required on the job site based on the bonafide occupational requirements of the job. These types of assessments can include:
- Preplacement/periodic/offshore/overseas placement medicals
- Drivers' medicals
- Canadian Railway Association medicals
- Fit to work/Return to work medicals
- Disability Management /Independent Medical Exams (IME’s)
- File reviews for Companies regarding work-relatedness, clearing employees to use respirator, audiogram reviews to access if there is any noise-induced hearing loss
These assessments can be booked at any of the medical facilities in our extensive Canada-wide network.
SureHire is able to navigate the following diagnostic imaging services:
More information on SureHire's diagnostic imaging services can be found here.
Understanding the Results
Regular medical checkups are an important part of protecting your health. Many people delay medical examination until symptoms present themselves.
Any of the above mentioned tests may uncover a broad range of health issues. Early detection of some conditions may stop them from progressing further and, in some cases, may ultimately save your life.